For those of you who read this...I'd like to know:) I don't know that very many people read my blog or are interested in reading it, but I'd love to know if you do. I just realized that it has been about a month since I last wrote something, so I thought I'd just write a quick update for those of you who actually read this.
Life has been crazy...and extremely hard! Mark started working at UPS about 6 weeks ago and we have had to adjust to a new schedule. He goes to bed by 9pm at the latest, then wakes up at 3am to be at UPS from 4am-9am. He then comes home for 20 minutes, changes his clothes and heads to his second job at BestBuy from 10am to 3pm. This happens every day M-F, not to mention that he goes to class on Monday and Thursday evenings. For now, he does have the weekends free, for which we are extremely grateful, but his schedule is not exactly ideal. I am so proud of Mark for all his hard work and thankful for what he does for our family. I recently started a new nanny job for two boys ages 1 and 4. It's about 20 hours a week, and I also have several other babysitting/odd jobs. More than anything, I would love to be a stay at home mom, but apparently that is not God's plan for me right now. I am having a hard time accepting that, but I will get there. We recently have spent a good amount of money on several infertility tests and procedures, but to no avail. I think we are done with anymore infertility procedures right now. I guess that our desires are not God's desires at the moment. I know that is easy to write in a blog...but really finding contentment in the fact that God doesn't want us to have children right now is extremely hard to accept. The past month has been a huge struggle for me. Emotionally, I am completely worn out. My dad and oldest sister drove through the night last week to come get me in Louisville and bring me back to Michigan for a week so that I could have a break from the emotions and stresses of life right now. I am grateful for my family and their willingness to help me through this difficult time. Right now I am in Traverse City, MI spending time with my two older sisters and their children (and my parents) at the Great Wolf Lodge. It is a nice change in pace from my normal, every day life. I don't get to see my family very often since we live 6 hours away, so it has been nice to spend time with them this past week. Mark is still at home in KY because of work, and while I am enjoying my time in MI, I am really missing him. Next week it's back to "normal" life again...although I'm not sure there really is such a thing as normal.
Well, that's a quick update on life here. Sorry I don't have anything profound to write at the moment, but thanks for checking in.
Cassie, thanks for updating! I had been wondering when the next update would come. I'm sorry to read about your ongoing struggles. I think and pray for you often though. And it's so great to know that God has a plan despite the hardships that may come with His plan. Please keep updating your blog...maybe you should try the GST that I do - Grace in Small Things. We should try to talk sometime soon. I'm not home now,but I will be again on Saturday...after next week, things should slow down, so maybe then I can call you! Or you me ... Love ya and praying for you!
ReplyDeleteHey there Cassie--just checking in with you! I do read your blog via a reader, and just wanted to make sure you know! I'm glad that you have been able to have a week away from normalcy! Hope it's been relaxing--see ya Sunday??? :) maren
ReplyDeleteHEY! I read! I read! I read! This is Krista. :) I've prayed for you all week.
ReplyDeleteI do read your blog. You know I love you and continue to pray for you.
ReplyDeleteHey this is Steve Kagy and I just read this. I kind of stumbled into this from your facebook and thought I might be "intruding." I had read the latest blog (4/26?) and couldn't stop at just one. Your "God give us clarity" was so incredibly honest. I'm not sure if its the lack of sleep or coming out of some prayer time but I am weeping over here. MAN! I am getting punched in the heart. We've just started to get to know you guys, (hence the sense of intruding) but its so clear how God has prepared you for motherhood and having to be ready for those extra challenges that I heard or seen coming from adoption. Cassie, you (and Mark) couldn't be better suited/prepared for this ministry. We will definitely be praying about this A LOT. Please tell us if there is anything we can do. God has really been reaffirming Luke 18:1-8 for me. Keep at Him! We'll keep at Him, too.
ReplyDelete