So this is Christmas
And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun...
Every time I hear that song it makes me really think about the past year and what I have done. Was it a year worth remembering? Was it a year wasted, in which I could have used my time and energy better? A year seems like a long time...next Christmas feels so far away. But when you put it in perspective, a year is a very short time. In fact, our entire lives on this earth are but a short time compared to our eternity in heaven.
With 2010 now in full swing, I have been reflecting back on the year 2009. To be completely honest, I think it was one of the worst and best years of my life...and definitely the hardest thus far! Full of trials and blessings all at once! Living in Louisville was one of the best decisions Mark and I have made. It was a wonderful place to grow our marriage, for Mark to add to his education, and for us to experience life outside of ministry work for a year. We also met some wonderful people and made some lifelong friends. I will always miss life in Louisville.
The year was also a tough one as we went through several months of infertility testing and procedures, and as we prayed and thought about what the next steps would be in our life regarding ministry work. Infertility testing was a huge emotional battle for me. I struggled emotionally and physically for quite awhile. I know I couldn't have gotten through it without my faith. We finally decided we were going to be done "trying" and we were ready to move on with adoption. That was such a relief to me.
The last few months of 2009 were full of surprises and things that were only from God. He brought us to Prague, OK in September. Oklahoma was the one place we honestly thought we would never move back to. God definitely knows better than we do! We have enjoyed our past few months here, the new friends we have made, and look forward to how God will use us here. The biggest surprise of 2009 was finding out we are expecting! Another huge answer to prayer, and God's way of showing us that His ways are not our ways, and His timing is perfect!
All in all, 2009 was a good year. Full of trials and blessings, God was in it all! It's now a new year and a new decade, and I can't wait to see what God has in store! It's a year of big changes for us...a new house, new town, new church, new job for Mark, and a new addition to our family in June! I am not a fan of New Year's resolutions, but I do have a few goals for this year:
-have a deeper desire to grow in God's Word, and to do so daily
-be a better encouragement to my husband and figure out how I can better meet his needs
-learn to better manage my time, which is something I especially need to work on with a new baby on the way!
-learn to better trust the Lord and give Him my worries, fears, and anxieties!
What did you do and learn in 2009, and what are your goals for 2010? May this new year bring new blessings, new insight, and a greater knowledge of our Lord and Savior!
No comments:
Post a Comment