Monday, February 1, 2010

Pink or Blue?

This has been the top question for the past month...pink or blue, boy or girl? I find it funny that people always asked, "When are you going to find out the gender?" instead of, "Do you plan on finding out the gender?" It's almost as if we have no say in whether or not we want to know. Most people just assume that since technology is now able to show the gender of your child before it's born, you have to find out.
Well I guess you can call us old fashioned because we chose not to find out! We had our first ultrasound one week ago (at 19 weeks), and it was a lot of fun! It made it so much more real to see God's precious gift to us moving around inside of me. It was so wonderful to see all the moving parts, the heart, the brain, and everything else! I don't understand how anyone can argue that a baby is not a baby until it's born. Because there is no question that there is a living, moving baby inside me!
Back to the gender discussion, the biggest argument for finding out was in order to better plan before the baby is born. Now I am a huge planner, but that didn't seem like a good enough reason to find out the gender. I wasn't planning on decorating the nursery in gender specific colors anyway, so why did I need to find out the gender in order to plan? No, I will not be able to buy anything pink or blue before the baby is born, but I can still get everything we need. And there will be plenty of time to buy cute little blue or pink things after the baby is born. So if you were hoping to spoil my child with lots of pink or blue, you still can...you will just have to wait until AFTER it's born:) June 18 is the new due date, which happens to be two days before Father's Day and two days after our fourth wedding anniversary! That could be a very exciting week if the baby is born on time! I can't believe it's only a little over four months away! Can't wait to meet this precious little gift from God!

3 comments:

  1. You're brave! We're not having a baby yet, but when we decide to, my husband wants to be surprised. I don't think I could handle it! We have time though before we have to make a decision....haha
    Congrats again! So happy for you and can't wait to find out what it is!
    As i'm typing, i'm reminded about the Snow Camp weekend that we counseled together. We never pictured then all of this, huh? God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! YAY! so happy and excited for you two!! The baby's due date is so close to my wedding, too! :) FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't wait to hold, kiss, hug, and love on that little baby - boy or girl!!

    ReplyDelete