I know it has been a couple months since I have written anything on here, but most people probably didn't notice since there are not many people who know about our blog yet. I am hoping for it to be a place where I can write my thoughts day to day and get some feedback from people. I love reading blogs of friends. I find it a great encouragement and love reading the thoughts of other people. If you enjoy reading blogs or want to keep up with our lives, please read and please give me feedback! I love to hear comments and truth...plus it encourages me to keep writing if I know people are reading.
I recently took a break from facebook (I think it was at least a couple months that I went without it). Some of you may find that hard to imagine because you practically live on facebook. That's what I thought too, but I found my facebook break to be a much needed release for my life. While yes, it is a wonderful way to keep in contact with old friends, I was feeling it to be a very impersonal way of having "friendships". Plus, the news/mini-feed on facebook seems to tell you everything about your "friends" before you decide you even want to hear it. There were times I logged onto facebook and read things that maybe I didn't want to find out by a facebook newsfeed. I feel blogging is a good solution to all of that because you don't have to read my blog if you don't want to. If you go to my blog, it is because you purposely and intentionally want to read it...not because you signed onto fb to say hi to a friend and found out a million facts about several other people in the meantime. In saying all that, I am back on facebook, but mostly because there are a few friends I really miss keeping in contact with. For now, I will give facebook a second chance. We will see how long it lasts. However, I must say that sometimes I truly miss the days of receiving letters in the mail or having a nice phone conversation with an old friend. Most of that has been replaced with email, facebook, and texting. Isn't it weird how you can have so many friends these days, but you never physically have to speak a word to them? What makes you consider a friend a friend? Is it because they are your friend on facebook, because you spoke to them once a couple years ago? I really would like to know...what makes you consider a person your friend?
Hey Cassie!! I'm glad to find out you have a blog! Mine is mostly pictures of Andi Rae. I don't write as much as I used to and it's set to private so that not just any crazy person can get to know my kiddos. But I'd love to add you if you give me your email to send you the invite =)! You can msg it to me on facebook if you want =).
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the "friend" thing on facebook...sometimes reading things that you don't care to read. Mine is more in the area of people being negative or slamming somebody by their status...but that's more on myspace. I do not get though why people request me for a friend and they've only spoken 2 words to me...I have i think over 300 friends on facebook...and it's not because they're all my FRIENDS...
I'll be back =)!!
i just realized that if you click on my name it takes you to my 'other' blog that i don't use much...that's not the one I'm talking about;)
ReplyDeleteHey Cass,
ReplyDeleteI actually think I checked this about 5 times since your last post hoping to hear about how you guys were doing. :) Im glad you are back on fb though. It is so true though that "friendships" have come down to email, texting, fb, etc. Sad but true. Sometimes its nice because you can send a message at any time of the day rather than waiting to call...I like typing because I can reread and make sure I am communicating well. I am so glad that we have messaged and stuff over the last year though! That is how I know you...thanks for the challenge to pick up the phone though. I can't really remember your voice.... ;-) Maybe you'll get a call sometime soon.... Love ya, Jess
My friends on facebook are family and people I knew from back home in Michigan. I find it is nice to see what people are doing. I don't really chat on it - more just comment once in a while. I do like the blog idea. There are people who have requested to be my friend that I don't know or remember. I don't make it a practice of accepting those. I did touch base with a dear friend I had through college - that was nice. So... I use it to see what people are up to and what their families are up to. Also, to see that the world is getting older with me! :)
ReplyDelete